ELK POINT UNITED PARISH
A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN BE WHO GOD WANTS YOU TO BE
NOT WHO SOMEONE ELSE THINKS YOU SHOULD BE!
To be and to make Disciples of Jesus Christ who are fully devoted to loving God and others.
To grow Disciples of Jesus Christ who know Him, love Him, and serve Him.
† We will seek to know Him by spending time in Bible study.
† We will seek to grow in our love for Him by spending time with Him in prayer and worship.
† We will seek to serve Him by reaching out to each other in our church family, EP-J communities, EP-J area and beyond.
1. We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, and the supreme and final authority in doctrine and practice.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His sacrificial & substitutionary death and atonement through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Spirit are essential for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church (which is the Body of Christ) composed of all who are regenerated through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life eternal.
8. We believe the grace of God frees us from the power of sin that we might live a godly life; frees us from the penalty of sin that we won’t suffer God’s wrath, and frees us from the eternal punishment of sin that we might have eternal life with God.